Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Buttons


I needed another baby card for one of our church members. I was trying to come up with something different, as I tend to reach for the same stamps for baby cards all the time. And then I had a thought. "Hey, wait a minute. Don't I have a baby set from Papertrey Ink?"

Yep. Brand new stamp set, never used. That's so sad!

I pulled out Baby Button Bits for this card, and rather than use real buttons, I decided to use Making Memories button brads. They just seemed smaller and daintier...just the look for a brand new little someone.

{recipe: Baby Button Bits (PTI), Basic Grey Archaic papers, soft sky card stock, scallop edge punch, soft sky ribbon, MM button brads}

After I made this card, I decided to visit the PTI website and browse. Wow. There are some really nice stamp sets there! You can find some great samples in the gallery, too. Some of my faves are Kelly's card creations, a.k.a. schirmcat (SCS), also known as Gingham Girl. She always has a fresh country prim approach to these stamps that can sometimes look really contemporary. I love it!

It's so nice to do a little window shopping from my warm and cozy armchair!

1 comment:

  1. I like that...window shopping at home...never thought of it that way. You are so dang clever!
    Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be homeschooling, better stop window shopping and get to it. Love

    ReplyDelete