Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mr. Brown Delivers!


Mr. Brown delivered a little something to my door last week. Now that's a sight I haven't seen since my SU demo days!

I had some Christmas gift money set aside and decided to splurge on some new craft supplies while Stampin' Up's Sale-A-Bration was in full swing. I'll admit it..that Occasions mini was my Kryptonite! I really loved so many things that it was hard to narrow down my choices to one order. I confess, I may need to order again next month before SAB is over!



Last night, I played with the new Springtime Vintage papers and came up with this card. I have to say, I know why everyone is in love with seam binding now! It's so fun to manipulate. You can leave it smooth, or you can scrunch it up for a vintage look.

I made this card for a friend from work. We are going out to lunch tomorrow to celebrate our birthdays this month. This is a big thing for me. Sadly, I can count on one hand the number of times that I've been out socially with other women in the three years I have lived here in Indy. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's tough to make new friends and start life over!



I had my stitching supplies handy, so I decided to do a little hand-stitching on this card as well. Easy peasy.

{recipe: Clearly For You (SU), Springtime Vintage papers, baja breeze card stock and ink, always artichoke card stock/ink/seam binding, scallop edge punch, button, DMC floss, hole punch}

Thanks for visiting the cafe! Time for a nice French Vanilla latte! Mmm, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Hope you enjoy your lunch out with a co-worker/friend. BELIEVE me, when I say I can relate....this last relocation to HI has been my toughest move ever. I counted up 30 moves in 44 years. I am tired and ready from my DH to retire!! Happy belated Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Love the new papers. Guess I better check them out. Whew, my wish list is longer than my budget. Can't wait to see what else was in that box! ;)

    ReplyDelete