Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Death of February


Many years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a gift of a Precious Moments figurine. I didn't own a single Precious Moments figurine, nor did I express an interest in becoming a collector. But something about this particular figurine must have made her think of me. It was titled "February", and it depicted a little ragamuffin child kneeling before a rosebud peeking through the snow. It looked to me like someone paying homage at a grave site.

Yep! That perfectly sums up my feelings bout February!

I am so happy to see February die. I know that it's the shortest month of the year, but why does it feel so long?

My thoughts are turning to warmer days. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and I am going to make myself get out of this house and enjoy some fresh air today.


Here's a little something I've been crafting these days. I have been willing spring to come, one stitch at a time.



March is coming in like a lamb today. I think I'll enjoy it.

Pray for spring!

2 comments:

  1. Such pretty needlework. I too am looking forward to spring. February does have some good things too. I have a son who has a birthday in Feb. My mom and mother in law have Feb birthdays too. Don't forget Valentine's Day... But come on warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little lecture (a big sister can do that)...I know it's hard sometimes, but you gotta enjoy every single day...even those cruddy gray ones...they too bring joys like snuggling and reading that book you've been wanting to get at. It's all good as they say...but spring does sound nice right about now! Love you.

    ReplyDelete