Monday, March 7, 2011

In Memory of Lisa Roswell


I was so saddened to hear the news of Lisa Roswell's death last week. Lisa was the needle art designer behind The Primitive Needle. Many of you may have heard about Lisa's death in the news. Lisa was swept away in last week's flood waters in Norwalk, Ohio. She was an oncology nurse on her way to work at the hospital when the accident occurred.

Lisa was such a talented needle artist. She was the featured designer in the Halloween 2009 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. Lisa had such a lovely primitive style that lent itself well to her Halloween inspired artwork. Her creative and caring heart will most certainly be missed.

My dear friend, Beth at Threadworx, and I commiserated over the telephone last night. Beth had met Lisa at trade shows, and said she was just the sort of fun person that she appeared to be on her blog and in her art.

Today's card was inspired by Lisa Roswell's love for all things primmy. Many of her designs featured black work set against natural and tea-stained linens. I mimicked the same effect here.

{recipe: Engraved Greetings (SU), Checkerboard (SU), kraft card stock, black card stock}

Please pray for Lisa's husband, children, and mother during this difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Mariah Roswell and I am Lisa Roswell's daughter. I just stumbled upon this today and I wanted to let you know that it is very sweet and that my mom would have loved to have that card. Thank you so much for the prayers and for the very sweet post about my mother.

    -Mariah Roswell

    ReplyDelete