Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stitchin' and Stampin'


I have another beautiful card to showcase today! This card was sent to me by Nikki, a stamping friend from our Michigan church. Nikki is well-known in the stampy circle back home as the queen of embossing. If it doesn't move, she'll emboss it! :) I always forget to emboss. It's a messy process for me, so I rarely remember to do it. But I do so admire it on other people's work.

Not only did she emboss this image from the stamp set "Of the earth" (SU), but then she also used embossing folders to a neat effect. Look at how much work it must've been to make that scallop edge! Every circle cut out, matted, and layered on top of another. Wow! Sometimes, you have to send work like this to someone who will really appreciate it! And I did...thank you, Nikki!



I'm currently working on a new stitching project. I've found that if my projects are small and uncomplicated, I just might get them finished in a timely manner! This project will measure about 3 by 3 1/2 when it's finished. I'm stitching on 30 Count Weeks Dye Works Almond Bar linen. It's small work, but it will be so stinkin' cute when it's done. I think this one is going in my new guest room. The pops of turquoise will really show well against the robin's egg blue on the walls.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go. Weekend blessings!

1 comment: