Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Happy


I was SO excited to finally find a store that carries lots of October Afternoon paper packs! I've been stopping by my local Archivers (no luck...always sold out), and checking in at various online stores only to find a site that may have one or two in stock. But this month, Mark's Finest papers had LOTS of OA paper packs in stock and, well, I ordered six of them! These papers are so lovely, they just make me smile to flip through them!



And while I was browsing through the MFP store, I found baker's twine in so many colors at a GREAT price! My MFP coupon helped bring the price of these adorable clothespin twines down to $1.90 each!

One thing I love about MFP is that when you order items, you don't have to get a lifetime supply of something that you will never use up. For example, if you order charms, you typically get about 3 to 5, not 35. I didn't want gobs and gobs of baker's twine, just enough to play and have fun. And who can resist those cute country clothespins?



I made this card yesterday using some of my new supplies from MFP. I wanted to make a pennant, but I don't have a pennant stamp. No stamp? No problem! I punched out these pennants with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch, then cut them in half. This card just makes me happy, so the sentiment seemed fitting.

{recipe: Happy Everything (SU), October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker papers, blushing bride/so saffron/certainly celery card stock, versafine onyx ink, baker's twine (Mark's Finest papers), 1 1/4" circle punch, Sizzix embossing folder}

This has been a "Just Happy" week...just happy to have the sunroof open on the VW bug. Just happy to sit on my front porch and stitch while the birds sing. Just happy to have a job that I enjoy. Just happy to have all of my boys home. Just happy to see sunshine.

Hope your weekend is blessed with just happy moments!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! The colours and bunting is just so summery and upbeat! Love it!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete