Saturday, June 4, 2011

Everything's Coming Up Roses


This has been a week where everything was related to roses (more about that later!). I was inspired to make something with one of my favorite stamp sets, "A Rose is a Rose". This is a tag, not a card. Thought it would make a cute addition to a gift bag in the future.

{recipe: A Rose is a Rose (SU), Noteworthy, so saffron ink and card stock, black ink and card stock, old olive ink, First Edition papers, Le Jardin papers, confetti cream card stock, lace edge punch, ivory seam binding, pearl}

So, last week my husband was in New York City for business. "Bring me back a souvenir!" I tell him. I think I'm going to get an "I Heart NY" t-shirt. No, he bought me this amazing necklace instead! It's from the famous Macy's at Herald Square (home of Miracle on 34th ST, and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!).



I love this necklace! I've been wearing it every day! It' so light and delicate. That husband of mine, he's a keeper!

Then my mom came to town last week and gave me this amazing milk bottle that she found at an antique store!



It's hard to read the words on the glass in this photo, but here's a closeup:



The milk bottle says "Rosebud Creamery" and has a detail of roses on the front. Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen? My husband (and my sister, Jenny's family) often call me Rosebud. This milk bottle will make a great flower vase this summer. Thanks again, Mom! You're the best Mom ever!


And now, here are the roses that made their glorious appearance last week. I wish these photos had Smellovision because these beauties are so fragrant! These are my beloved David Austin English roses that I just planted last year. They seem very happy in their sunny spot!





Can you spot which variety inspired my rose tag? Yep! It was the Graham Thomas variety of yellow rose that has a distinct tea fragrance. So lovely! You can find a full selection of David Austin roses at the website:

www.davidaustinroses.com

Thanks for visiting my rose garden today! Blessings on your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this tag and anyone that receives it will love it too!! I will be featuring this tag on My Crafty Picks #19 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete