Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tools of the Trade


I've been working in the garden the last few days. I don't know how the weather is in your neck of the woods, but here in Indiana it is H-O-T! So I've been working in the mornings and evenings when it's a bit cooler.

I have a few trusty tools I use when I'm outdoors. First, I slather on the Aveeno SPF55 sunscreen first thing every morning. Then, I plop on my favorite hat (from Vera Bradley on clearance last summer...love it!). Then, I usually slip on my garden clogs and put on a bug band.



Have you found Bug Bands in your stores? With this wet spring, the mosquitoes have been ferocious. Consequently, the Bug Bands are selling out in the stores. But I managed to snag the last three on the shelf on Memorial Day. They work great! Wear it as a bracelet or anklet, loop it on your belt or on the handle of a baby's stroller, and you're good to go. Keep them in their plastic cases when not in use, and they'll last for up to 120 hours of protection, DEET free. Safe for the little ones, too!



I'm not a fan of the mosquitoes, but the bees in the garden don't seem to bother me. Yesterday, I was dead-heading the roses, and the bees were humming along with me. I decided to make a "sweet" card for today's sketch challenge!

{recipe: So Very (SU), Nature Walk (SU), Daffodil Delight card stock, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety paper, black ink, amuse twinkles}

Hope your day is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment