Friday, July 15, 2011

Faux Beau Chateau





Faux Beau Chateau...can you say that three times fast?

Today's frugal card was inspired by the new line introduced by Stampin Up called Beau Chateau. As a francophile, I took one look at the line and said "Bonjour, Mon Ami!" But did I really need it or did I just want it? It turns out I didn't need it at all! I have all the elements I need to make my very own Beau Chateau in the French Faux style. Mais oui!



I gathered up my supplies for this fun project. For starters, I grabbed a stamp set from Anna Griffin that I'd bought on the clearance end rack at Michael's many years ago. It has an awesome rooster stamp that was just perfect for this card.

Then, I gathered my background stamps. For starters, I used a chicken wire background from Cornish Heritage Farms. I decided to layer that with French Script from SU. Finally, I thought it could use a little " je ne sais quoi", so I added the speckling stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds (I think that's the first stamp set I bought from SU, circa 1998!).

That beautiful rooster needed some presence, so I stamped him inside a frame from Label Classics to make him the work of art that he truly is.

My color combo was stolen right from the Beau Chateau papers...soft suede and pink pirouette. My only problem was that I needed a soft suede ribbon to match the elegant look of this card. No problem at all! I took my soft suede grosgrain polka ribbon and used the plain side! Voila!



Magnifique!

{recipe: Chicken Wire (CHF), French Script (SU), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU), Label Classics (SU), rooster from Anna Griffin, soft suede ink and card stock, pink pirouette ink and card stock, vanilla seam binding, soft suede polka ribbon, brad from Making Memories}

I've had so much fun making my old stamps and supplies feel new again!

The Great Recovery!

Have you heard about The Great Recovery that is set to begin July 21st? No, I'm not referring to anything governmental. I'm referring to individual. Dave Ramsey is kicking off a new program next week that will empower individuals, churches, and spiritual leaders to walk the walk and talk the talk of financial recovery and independence.

I have never done FPU ( that's Financial Peace University), but I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan from his radio program. I'll be interested to see what his new plan involves.

For more info, you can click on the link here:

The Great Recovery

2 comments:

  1. Je l'aime! So terrific! I have really enjoyed your recent posts about making the "old" new again! So smart! You've already said it, but I'll second it: "C'est magnifique!" Thank you for your creative and upbeat posts!

    ReplyDelete