Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Nuts About You!


The buckeye tree in our backyard is LOADED with buckeyes this year. Does this mean that we can expect a harsh and snowy winter? I'll have to check my Farmer's Almanac and get back to you on that. One thing is for certain...where there are buckeyes, there are squirrels. (Can you see the furry fellow perched on top of the picket in this photo?)



The squirrels have become quite brazen. They must not know that Maggie, our nearly eleven year old lab, still has a lot of bark left in her. She's constantly chasing the squirrels off our deck and away from the bird feeders.



When the squirrels aren't making pigs of themselves at the bird feeders, they're digging in my flower beds and potted plants, hiding buckeyes wherever they can.



I made this card yesterday for my father-in-law. He told me yesterday that he has trapped forty-two squirrels at his house thus far, and taken them to what he calls his "animal relocation program". Yeah, my father-in-law's a little nutty. That's why I knew he'd love this card!

{recipe: stamps from Mark's Finest Papers, Cosmo Cricket paper (Nutmeg), always artichoke card stock, kiwi kiss card stock, sahara sand card stock, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, word window punch, modern label punch, nailhead brads, chalks}



Happy Birthday, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Tell him I think he caught the same squirrel 42 times! LOL...oh yeah, and tell him happy birthday too.

    ReplyDelete