Friday, July 22, 2011

A Little Splurge



I've been very frugal lately, as you may know from reading my posts. Going to the library instead of buying books. Clipping coupons. Trimming my hair at home so that I didn't have to pay a stylist. But sometimes a little splurge is good for the soul.

I've been flipping through the new Stampin Up catalog and making lists, just like everyone else. Wish lists, really. But last week I decided to order a few replenishments. Mr. Brown delivered my goodies to my doorstep today!

I ordered four items from the new catty:

Three new Textured Impressions embossing folders (Houndstooth, Stripes, and Frames). I don't own a lot of embossing folders, and I thought this would expand my options a bit.

One little stamp...Young Vermillion. Had to have another birdie for my flock!

Everything else I ordered came from the Clearance Rack. So many great deals there, folks!

Crushed Curry card stock for $1.49 a pack! That's cheap! I love this sunny yellow! It will work well from summer right into autumn.

Wide striped grosgrain ribbon in ch0ocolate chip and riding hood red...both great colors for the holidays, and at $1.99 a roll, that was a steal.

Dusty Durango polka ribbon for 3.49. I own the crushed curry, melon mambo, and soft suede versions, and I love them. This rust color will be great for fall cards!

Corduroy buttons in seven lovely colors. $2.99 a piece. I've never had the corduroy buttons, but always wanted them. At seventy percent off the regular price, I think this was a great time to stock up!

A little splurge, and a little coffee, are both good for the soul. :)

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, fun! I'll bet that splurge felt all the more decadent because you waited for it! I love visits from Mr. Brown! I wonder if we enthusiasts scare them a little...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Mary Rose--a little splurge is good for the soul--especially when you've been working so hard to cut back. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I'm sure Mr. Brown trembles in fear when he sees the box he has to deliver! :)

    Cath, sometimes my splurge is just visiting your blog and all its wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. splurges are good... please send me whatever you don't use.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splurges are even better when things are on sale! Yay for you...good job getting some good deals! Congrats on being blog-spotted at Moxie Fab World today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Brown, or MIB (Man in Brown) as I call him, lives in fear of whenever I decide to splurge a little, since I don't go halfway in my splurges! Good for you, Maryrose, being so good about your spending but realizing when you need a little treat, even when most of that treat is on sale!

    ReplyDelete