Thursday, July 7, 2011

Making Do Number Three


In my pursuit for all things frugal, I've found that I don't always need to purchase the "hot new thing". Sometimes, the old thing will do very nicely, thank you very much!

Today's card is a perfect example. The new SU catalog features a new stamp set called "Button Buddies" that is very cute. However, I've already invested in three different button stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. For some reason, I forget to use my clear stamps. Maybe it's those darn clear CD cases that I don't like. Whatever the reason, I need to pull out my clear stamps more often because they really are quite cute.

I also love the new stamps that feature the woodgrain look. But on this card, I made that same look using my Tim Holtz Texture Fade embossing folder and two colors of distress crackle paint from Ranger.



{recipe: Everyday Button Bits (PTI), Blooming Button Bits (PTI), Paper Tray (PTI), soft suede ink and card stock, kiwi kiss ink and card stock, assorted buttons, Tim Holtz woodgrain Texture fade, Ranger distress crackle paints, baker's twine (Mark's Finest Papers)}



And here's the inside of the card:



Frugal doesn't have to be an ugly word. Frugal just means using what we've got and giving our neglected stamps and supplies a little love.

This card is going to my son, John Ryan, for his eighteenth birthday today! Happy Birthday, my Johnny! I know this year will be awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday John Ryan...enjoy your day. Much love, Aunt Jenny...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture and colors in this card. I'm sure your son will appreciate it... if not now, when he is older. I saw you on SCS and realized we lived close, so I thought I'd visit your blog. I love your idea of being frugal. I've really been trying to do that as well and have been trying to teach my young kids that as well!

    ReplyDelete