Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Making Do Number Two


It's that most wonderful time of the year...when the new Stampin Up catalog is revealed! All of the good girls and boys make wish lists of their favorite toys. And then, frugal stampers like me set the wish lists aside for a few days and realize that those "must have" items are probably not must-haves after all.

Today's case in point: the new stamp set "Best of Everything". I love this set because it has a sweet and funky stitched look featuring a bird and a branch and leaves and flowers. It went to the top of my list!

But then I started thinking...can't I get that same effect using stamps I already own and a fine point marker? I grabbed the stamp set "Season of Friendship" and had a little creative fun with it.




I also love the new Domestic Goddess papers. But the truth is I have plenty of papers with the same look. I scrounged through my stash and found these from one of my favorite paper packs, "Sweet Slumber".

One great tip featured in the new catalog...use your scallop circle punches to form a template for sponging clouds!

{recipe: all products from SU!, Season of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sweet Slumber papers, so saffron card stock, riding hood red ink, wild wasabi ink, baja breeze ink, chocolate chip ink, fine point marker, small oval punch, scallop circle punch, stampin' dimensionals}

Shopping from my stash...it might not be nearly as much fun as buying without a budget. But it is a lot more frugal!



Thanks for visiting the cafe! Stop back for more frugal tips!

3 comments:

  1. Mary Rose, what a GREAT card! Super idea to take a set you have and be creative for a new way to use it! Thanks for the tip on clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius! Saving money to spend on something else. I love this card and will CASE it. Thanks for sharing. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all your frugal posts to date....this is my fave! (Were you wondering? Ha!) Even told my demo about it. Hope you don't mind if we try your idea. The card is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing. LorieR

    ReplyDelete