Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Day Care

How do you entertain the neighborhood children on a day where the temp is hovering over 100 degrees Fahrenheit? With a double feature matinee, of course! I ran to the library this morning, picked up two kid flicks, came home, and invited the kids via their mothers on Facebook.




We have a great basement for movie viewing. And the best part? It's always nice and cool down there!



We popped the popcorn, poured the drinks, and sat down for a little entertainment. It had been a long time since I'd seen Daddy Day Care, and I knew that it would be a fun show for Sam and his friends.



Oh my goodness! That beautiful yellow house! I fell in love with it all over again!



The interior of the house is just as amazing as the outside! I loved the kitchen (and what's not to love about it? They even featured my Longaberger mugs, sugar bowl, and soap dispenser! Yea!), but I think my favorite room is this living room and foyer. The warm striped wallpaper paired with the soft floral couches made this home so warm and cozy.

Of course, I had to dig through my papers to try to recreate this effect!



{recipe: all products from SU!, Designer Label punch and stamp, Le Jardin papers, tulip embossing folder, always artichoke card stock, river rock card stock and ink, flower punch, circle punch, ivory hardware}



I get my inspiration from some pretty strange places. Tell me, what inspires you in your crafting?

Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

3 comments:

  1. Once again the proof of our sisterhood...just watched this oldie but goodie last week on netflix! Is there a full moon or something? Lot of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and even more...what a neighborly idea for a hot summer day! Although I haven't been commenting much (cannot post through my Google Account...grrr), I've been enjoying your stamping and stiching samples and other thoughts. I always look forward to my morning cup and your blog. ;) LorieR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet encouragement, Lorie!

    ReplyDelete