Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Summer House


I finished my summer house stitching project last weekend! Isn't it fun? I think my favorite part is the summer sunflower banner at the bottom. The little yellow bird really brightens up those trees, too. Now I just have to get it framed this week.

This summer, our house is filled with children all day every day. The moms on my street are working moms, both in the home and out of the home. Now that I'm happily unemployed, I've decided to make this a fun summer for all the kids. We're having squirt gun battles, movie days, pool fun, and bike rides to keep them all entertained.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the local splash park and playground. The kids had not been there yet this summer, and this awesome park is free to the community. They had a blast!






Sam told me yesterday he's having the best summer ever. That makes it all worth it, doesn't it?

This is all part of my "bloom" plan to be a better neighbor. I want to open up my home more often and make myself more available to the people in my corner of the world. Weary moms can get a little rest, kids can be kids, and I get the satisfaction of knowing my son is having the "best summer ever." That's all the paycheck I'll ever need!

"Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:13

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying a less stressed summer as well. Even teenagers can have a wonderful summer doing some simpler things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goal, to bloom where you are planted Mary. It also lends to awesome blog postings too. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete