Sunday, July 3, 2011

Waiting for the Lord



Have you ever had a time where it seemed you were waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I've been doing a lot of waiting lately. I'm waiting to hear back on two separate job interviews. I'm waiting to hear back on the biopsy results from my dog's recent surgery. I'm waiting to hear if some submissions will be published next year. Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Today's sermon was about waiting on the Lord. Perfect timing! We read about how Joseph waited in prison for two years before the cupbearer remembered him and recommended this dreamer to Pharaoh. Waiting on the Lord can be tough. It really comes down to trust.

This week, I waited and waited for the new Stampin' Up catalog. (Now that I'm no longer a demo, this wait seems interminable!) My demo put me out of my misery and finally left a new catalog for me on her doorstep. Apparently, my constant pestering paid off! :)

There are so many pretty shiny new things to love. I like to make lists of the purchases I'd make if money were no object. But guess what...money is an object, an object that's slipping out of our hands and going to two colleges this fall. A funny thing happened over and over again. I would find a stamp set that I just had to have. Oooh I can't wait to order that! And then a little later I would realize that I already have something almost just like it!

So this week, while everyone waits for their pretty shiny new things to come, I'm going to show a lot of knock-offs or similar products. Yep, I'm shopping from my own studio and making do with the twelve-plus years of accumulated stuff that I already have!

The wait is over!

Today's card was inspired by all of the amazing doily stamps that are now on the market. Papertrey Ink, Waltzingmouse Stamps, and of course, Stampin' Up! This little beauty came from Gina K Designs and the set called "Nana's Needlework" that was designed by Nina Brackett.



{recipe: stamps from Gina K, pure luxury white card stock, baja breeze ink and card stock, amuse gingham paper, versafine onyx ink, scallop edge punch, baker's twine ( MFP), velvet flower (Maya Road), button brad (making memories)}

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

1 comment:

  1. Obviously we both heard the messages we needed to hear...love you.

    ReplyDelete