Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Birthday and A Remembrance


On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, I thought you might enjoy a touching article about some of the four-legged heroes of that event. Here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033628/Surviving-9-11-rescue-dogs-scoured-Ground-Zero-bodies-commemorated-decade-difficult-mission.html

Our own four-legged girl turned eleven today. Yes, Maggie is a 9/11 baby. Ten years ago today, we were excited to celebrate our puppy's first birthday. Celebration quickly turned to sorrow that day.

Everyone remembers where they were that tragic day. But I also remember the hope in the days that followed.

That Christmas, George and Laura Bush had tears in their eyes when they told the nation the following verse that they had chosen for the official White House Christmas card:

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:13-14(NIV)

That is the confidence that I want today and every day.

I heard a great quote this weekend (from Beth Moore at the Living Proof simulcast). She said that someone had told her "God is good all the time, and when it appears He is not good, that is because He is great."

We have a great God, my friends!

(And I am blessed to have a great dog. Happy Birthday, Maggie Girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment