Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Good News, and The Good News


Hello, friends! I hope you are having a good weekend! I know I am!

Yesterday was free museum day, thanks to the Smithsonian. Their website was issuing free tickets to museums around the country, and lucky for us, one of those museums happens to be in our neighborhood.

Conner Prairie is an interactive historical museum, with working farms and interpreters that will help you get a feeling for life in the early to mid 1800s.



We love to tour the barns and pet all the animals!


The gardens are lovely, too! Simple plots are found at every homestead.


You can even shop in the general store for necessary items like slate and chalk, homespuns, candles, or a really rockin' hat!



I love the simple life!



But of course, simple does not mean easy. Simple takes a lot of work!

And that's when I had my revelation.

I had allowed paper crafting to become complicated and cluttered. I had become a stamp collector, not a stamp user. My hoarding and need to have it all had contributed to my dissatisfaction with the craft.

God has given me this month to take a step back and look at they ways I can complicate things when left to my own devices.

I can be a simple crafter. I can embrace a less is more philosophy and take my craft in an entirely new direction. But in order to do this, I have to unclench my fists and let go.

Ready for the good news?

It means that I am beginning the great purge! I will be selling down, paring off, and pruning my collection to make room for my new less is more crafting philosophy.

I am so excited!

Keep visiting this blog in the days ahead! You will find some great deals on stamp sets ( many of them hard to find vintage/rare sets), paper packs, and accessories!

And in the very near future, you will see a new style emerge here on my blog. That's good news, too!

"Tis the gift to be simple, 'Tis the gift to be free, 'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be."

Simple blessings, friends! (And thank you for sticking with me on this journey of discovery!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you aren't leaving altogether. I am a simple crafter myself- I don't like "stuff" and have worked on sending out the stuff that keeps me from doing so. I have enjoyed seeing your steps along the journey!

    ReplyDelete