Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Goodness




Nothing says "autumn goodness" like a yummy baked apple!

Years ago, when Gooseberry Patch was still operating their catalog business, I purchased this apple baker and thought I'd give it a try. It works great! The spongeware pottery is sweet, and the center cone (think mini Bundt cake pan) helps the apple bake evenly in the microwave.

A little brown sugar, some cinnamon and nutmeg, a few walnuts and a golden delicious apple baked for three minutes. Yummy!


Top it all with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you have a delicious dessert made for one!


I do miss the Gooseberry Patch catalogs. But thankfully, their cookbook production is growing every day!


I love my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks! So many wonderful recipes! Here's a photo of my kitchen hen guarding three favorites.

I received some exciting news from Gooseberry Patch yesterday! One of my recipes will be featured in a new cookbook, and I will be receiving a free copy when it is published. Yea! The cookbook will be called "Simple Shortcut Recipes", and it should be released in March 2012.

Vickie and JoAnn (the founders of Gooseberry Patch) are featured in this month's issue of Mary Jane's Farm. And if you are luck enough to be attending the Country Living Fair in Columbus, Ohio, you can meet them in person! Every year, I say I am going, and every year, something gets in the way. Drat! It does look like a lot of fun, though. Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment