Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Techno-impaired


I am blogging tonight from my new laptop! It is quite exciting!

My old laptop had really lost its speed after being abused for the last three years. I would turn it on and then go do a load of laundry and come back. I'd open my web browser and then go do the dishes, waiting and waiting for the thing to connect. While it was a great exercise in patience and multitasking, it wasn't so great when I really needed to get things done in a hurry.

This weekend, while my son John was home for fall break, I had the future computer engineer swap out my old files to a new portable hard drive and get me set up on his not-so-old former laptop. It's a fancy Compaq Presario with a nice widescreen.

While we've managed to get my camera's software uploaded to the new system, I don't think I can find my former photo shop program. At this point, I'm just happy that I can retrieve my email and upload photos again. Technology frustrates me.

But enough about that! I made a card today!

This stamp set from Papertrey Ink (A Wreath For All Seasons) is really versatile. I can tell that this will become a favorite set in no time! And talk about fast! A twiggy wreath in chocolate chip, a bittersweet overlay in Dusty Durango, and just like that I have a stunning fall wreath!

The plaid paper is from We R Memory Keepers Autumn Splendor pack. I am a mad about plaid kinda gal, and this one really spoke to me!

Can I tell you why I am so happy about this card? It's already been mailed! YES! I really want to get better about mailing my cards and not letting them pile up here in my craft room. Today was a good day...five cards mailed! It's a small victory for me. And these days, I will take victory whenever I can find it.

Now, if only I had victory over my messy house. Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary, that's a beautiful card. I really like it. All plaid-y, yet simple. Love the wreath. I want that wreath. Love you, Susie xo

    ReplyDelete