Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day!


Happy World Card Making Day!

Guess what I did for this special occasion? I made a card!

Gasp!

I know. I'm back to the paper crafting. I thought I was done, but God showed me that I was not done paper crafting, I was just done making it complicated.

Today's card is the first card I've made in a month. And I must confess, it wasn't easy! A lot of my supplies have gotten moved around in the process, and I'm arranging and rearranging and purging all unnecessaries.

I thought I'd make it simple. A 3 x 3 card, perfect gift size. I think this card reflects my new style. Simple. Uncluttered. A nice graphic image with a little punch. And yet still in the color palette and style that suits my country primitive tastes. A little kraft card stock, a cute image from PTI (Baby Button Bits), and finally I have achieved something clean and simple!

The Great Purge is doing very well! I am updating the list to reflect pending sales. There are still some nice rare sets to be found, and a lot of great every day sets and sentiments. Get them before they're gone! And like I said, make me an offer! I'll give a discount if you purchase multiple sets!

Once the purge is under way, I plan on replacing a lot of these old sets with some fresh new looks. I'm even thinking of adding a Big Shot die cutting machine to my supply list. What do you think? Do I need one? If you have one, do you love it? I think I'd probably use it with my needle art as well for cutting out felted wool and such. I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Love your work. Glad you are continuing your crafting the way you want to. It is meant for enjoyment and if simplifying helps you get your enjoyment back, I think it is fabulous!! Your card today is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed to see you refining your life in perfect submission to the Lord...AND happy that you are still crafting :-D!

    ReplyDelete