Friday, November 18, 2011

Brick by Brick


When it comes to LEGO, my family gives this toy two thumbs up! My boys have loved LEGOs for a LONG time! Yes, Sam is just eight, so it is understandable. But Luke, who is 21, and John Ryan, who is 18, still love LEGO, too! My oldest sons have built with LEGOs for years, and yes, we've spent a lot of money on those little pieces of plastic over the years. But I truly feel that this creative outlet shaped my oldest sons and their future careers. (Luke is studying construction management and John Ryan is studying engineering). When I consider that John Ryan received a substantial scholarship to the top-ranked engineering institute in the country, then I guess that our investment has paid off!


Our local library recently sponsored a LEGO exhibit called "Pirates of the Bermuda Triangle". A local chiropractor in his forties built this amazingly detailed display. We were blown away!


Look what we spotted in the display! A Starbucks coffee cart! Now that's what I call an attention to detail!


The beach behind the hotel had dozens of palm trees and sunbathers on colorful beach towels!



What's a hotel without streets and parking lots?






Sam stared at this exhibit for over thirty minutes, and he wants to go see it again so that he can show his brothers. What fun!


Today's Splitcoast Challenge was to make a card inspired by pixels, those teeny little dots and squares that make up images. Pixels are a lot like LEGO bricks. You put enough together, and you can make something pretty amazing!

This paper from Basic Grey (Dasher) has a pixellated look, don't you think? All of those little snowy dots look like a pointillism painting by Seurat. (There I go, showing off my fancy Frenchiness again!)

I'm really loving the stamp set "Peace Be Still" from Heather Nichols over at PTI. Truthfully, I don't think there's anything at Pinefeather Press that I don't love! Remember the line from the movie Jerry Maguire when Rene Zellweger says "You had me at 'Hello'." Well, for a northern girl, Heather had me at 'Pine'. :)


Blessed Friday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the balance of detail and white on this ~ sometimes I want to do CAS but still want something "filling." You've done it!

    ReplyDelete