Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Heartfelt Christmas


Hello, and welcome back to the cafe! Did you know that we are now serving holiday favorites, like Peppermint Mocha Latte? Mmmm. Coffee and chocolate and peppermint...what could be better?

Today's holiday brew uses three sets from Papertrey Ink: Love Lives Here(Holidays), Background Basics Gingham and Background Basics Tintypes. Tintypes was a gift from fellow stamper Nancy (aka Phantom at SCS!) Thank you, again, Nancy! I love this set!




I had a little help from my Distress It sprays to give the lace and Tintype panel an antique look. These antiquing solutions are actually used for rug hooking, punch needle, and other projects. They are made by Hooked On Rugs, and I find myself reaching for them whenever I want to give something that instant aged quality.



These come in two colors, and they are both named after me: Slightly Distressed and Extremely Distressed, depending on the day. HA HA HA!



One more Christmas card finished, dozens more to go. How are you coming on your holiday card making?

I was at the post office today, mailing stamp sets to their new owners (don't forget to check out the A to Z list of stamps for sale!), and the clerk asked me if I needed any Christmas stamps.

"No, thank you, " I replied. "I'm going to continue to deny that I'll be needing them for a little while longer."

She laughed and said "Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?"

No, I cannot! Guess I better get some Thanksgiving cards mailed ASAP!

Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment