Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Quick Gift Tag


Yesterday, I needed a quick gift tag for a pre-holiday present. Nothing too Christmas-y, just something festive. Papertrey Ink's new Christmas Poinsettia set to the rescue! The wonderful thing about poinsettias is that they come in so many colors...red, white, pink, and others. I thought this pink and green combo was bright and cheery!


I was in a bit of a hurry, so I hand cut the leaves rather than using a die cut. I added some red Stickles berries in the center for a touch of glitter.



I had a chance to play with the matching die cuts for this set. What fun! PTI sells some lovely felts in nice colors. I layered the flowers and added some red colonial knots to the center with a needle and some DMC floss. I thought this would make a nice addition to a holiday gift package.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with felt and my Big Kick in the future! I have a project that I'm working out on paper, combining die cut felt and needle art on a weaver's cloth background. I'm designing my own pattern, something to stitch in the winter months. For now, I'll continue to work on the holiday projects.

Chicken Cacciatore in the slow cooker, pumpkie pie for dessert. Joyful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute. Can I order about 20 of the gift tags:)? Love- Tina

    ReplyDelete