Monday, December 12, 2011

Under The Tree


My Mom is the sweetest thing! She decided to send me a big box of gifts to open every day until Christmas. Isn't that thoughtful? Each present is individually wrapped, and I get to open one every morning. Yesterday I opened chocolate biscotti. Yum! This morning I opened a big package of much needed dish towels. Thanks, Mom! You're the best!

Can you believe that I am a crafter, and I have never gotten around to making a Christmas tree skirt? So every year, I pick something new to go under the tree. One year, I might use a plaid wool blanket, another year it might be a lace tablecloth. This year, we've decided to use my husband's patchwork quilt, a gift from his grandmother many years ago. I think it looks just adorable!

I am sticking firm to my three-present theory for our family for Christmas! I'm nearly done with the shopping, all the presents are wrapped. It's a nice feeling! We've had years with piles of presents under the tree. But as our boys get older, this just seems to make more sense. And as a working mom, this plan is a lot less stressful! No need to make a dozen trips to Target and the mall. Just three presents. No gold, frankincense or myrrh, but we will remember our greatest gift of a savior this Christmas!


This card fit perfectly with today's Clean and Simple challenge! I used some torn papers from Basic Grey (Fruitcake) to make the snowy hills for this camel (classic amuse art stamps). The sentiment and star stamp are from PTI Silent Night. And boy, do I love that simple little line art star! Add a twinkling star to the center, and it's perfection!


This card makes me so happy! Clean and simple, but still fun and interesting. I love it when a plan comes together!

1 comment: