Friday, January 27, 2012

Dearest Jane


When Papertrey Ink released the new Dearest Jane line of stamps and papers inspired by Jane Austen, I thought they made it just for me. I could hear Nichole saying "You know, it's Mary Rose's birthday next month. Let's make stamps and paper just for her." Yeah, I'm that special. :)



When I opened this book of patterned paper, I nearly swooned. Chapter One, Vintage Script!



And Chapter Two, Book Print!



Don't you love it? I'm thrilled with the new format of PTI's papers. It will be so wonderful to easily add this to my bookshelf. I love storage made simple!


I used my new goodies to make this sweet little book organizer today. I had these mini composition books in my stash. They measure 4 1/2 by 3 1/4 inches. First, I cut the papers to size. Then I stamped on the front using chocolate ink. I used my Mono Multi glue to adhere, adding a little strip of chocolate and kraft paper (Webster's Pages) for the binding. To embellish, I added a strip of velvet ribbon, then made a sweet little bouquet using a florist's sprig, some taffeta ribbon, Papertrey Ink's Rustic Twine and a PTI Vintage button.


Super easy and oh so sweet! I'm using this little mini book to record the books I've read this year, along with the books I hope to read. I'm the kind of person that can spend hours in a bookstore with a cup of coffee in one hand and a piece of paper and pen in the other. I'm always making notes about authors and books I'd like to read. If I don't have to own the book, I will take my list to the library and try to find the titles there. (If I can save money on books, then I can spend it on crafting. There are only so many hobby dollars to spend in any given month!)


I've been reading A LOT this month. I think I'm on to my fifth book for the month of January. I am now reading "Death Comes to Pemberley" by P.D. James. My sweet mother bought me this book for Christmas. Are you sensing a theme? I think it may be time for a BBC Austen movie marathon. Perhaps during Super Bowl weekend?

5 comments:

  1. What a great project you made for yourself. I am also a voracious reader, and use Google docs to keep track of all the books I read, so I can remember when someone asks for a recommendation. Your system is so much prettier! I've got Death Comes to Pemberly on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a sister with a limited budget...must be in need of a cute little record book. (sorry, Jane) So, very cute...indeed!
    Enjoy your reading...when you aren't busy jumping at your patients every whim...uh, I mean need. LOL...love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another truth universally acknowledged, is that a sister whose birthday is coming up must be in need of a cute little record book too!
    It's really cute Mary. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Two of my favs combined?! Jane Austen and Papertrey Ink? I didn't know--thank you!

    ReplyDelete