Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, A New Color


Happy New Year! 2011 is now a memory, and 2012 is a clean slate filled with hope for the future. And when I think of a color that conveys the feelings of warmth and hopefulness, this lovely shade of orange comes to mind.

Pantone has chosen the color of the year for 2012, and the color is...Tangerine Tango!

Yes, that is the name of one of Stampin' Up's colors. Coincidence? You decide.

According to Pantone executives, this color "provides the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward." It is "sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive." We should be prepared to see this color popping up a lot in home furnishings and fashions in the future.

I LOVE this shade, and I've included it in my wardrobe for years. It's a color that just looks good on me. I have sweaters and jackets and purses and shoes in this hue.


For today's card, I tried to embrace the "drama and sophistication" of Tangerine Tango by paring it with smoky grays. I used a new stamp/die set from Hero Arts and Sizzix called Floral that my dear husband bought me for Christmas. For a little added drama, I decided to make a "window" to frame the flower using a die from MFT Stamps.



Wishing you many blessings in the new year!

2 comments:

  1. Hope everyone is now happy and healthy as they settle in to the routine of January. Too much excitement isn't a good thing...but it was wonderful seeing all of the Kulczaks together. This post has me looking closely at my paint choices...isn't it funny...I have never been drawn to oranges in home dec and yet here I have been considering a spiced pumpkin (tangerine tango's second cousin)!? Love xo

    ReplyDelete