Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stitching Together A Little Happiness




Before I even opened my eyes in bed this morning, I had a happy thought: I don't have to go to work today!

This happy elective unemployment is leaving me lots of time to do the things I love. I'm moving right along on my coffee cup stitching project...

...and I don't have to go to work anymore!


I have more time to read a good book! I'm enjoying a new Monica Ferris needle art-themed mystery because...

...I don't have to go to work anymore!



I had all kinds of free time to make a card this morning because...

...I don't have to go to work anymore!

So, have you noticed some themes today? Everything is needle-art related, AND I don't have to go to work anymore!

Yeah, I'm just a little bit happy about that!

Today's Ways To Use It challenge: incorporate stickers into a card project. I don't have a big stash of stickers, but I did find a sticker sheet from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl line in my stash. It seemed to fit the theme of the day because I am feeling "sew happy"!

I used a kraft card base (PTI), added some paper (Cosmo Cricket Material Girl), layered on a doily (MFT die), tied a stitched grosgrain ribbon (Amuse Studio), slapped on the sticker, then finished it off with a button and some linen thread (PTI). Super easy, with just a taste of vintage.

The snow is gently falling, and I have nowhere that I have to be but right here snug in my home. Hope your day is sew happy, too!

,

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! This is one of my fave color combinations...and beverages! ;) Have you see the January issue of CardMaker? It features quilted cards and stitching on cards. I had to pick it up! You might enjoy it too. Thanks for the beautiful eye candy...always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! It sounds like you are in a peaceful place. Enjoy. We had only a bit of that white fluffy stuff here in Ohio. I wish we would have a HUGE snow. I miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete