Monday, March 26, 2012

Musings for a Monday


Another Monday, another school week begins. I barely have time to take two sips from my coffee before starting the routine. Pack Sam's lunch. Check his folder and book bag. Wake up Sam. Make his breakfast. Find his shoes. Coat? Shoes? Book bag? Check. Out the door. We wait on the front porch, watching petals fall from the blossoming trees as the robins peck in the yard. And then we pray.

Help him, Lord, this day to be
Thy dear child, a' follow thee
Help and save him by thy hand
Until he reaches the heavenly land.
In Jesus' name. Amen.

The prayer my mother prayed with me every morning. The prayer her mother prayed with her in German every morning.

I pray this prayer with Sam, but I also pray it for his brothers who are away at college. Let's face it. It is a dark and scary world. Our children need all the heavenly support they can get.



Ephesians 5:9 says "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light."


A clean and simple card today with a light-filled message. He is risen!

{recipe: stamp from WPlus9, computer generated sentiment, crosses made with marker, crushed curry ink, kiwi kiss card stock, embossing folder, PTI rustic white card stock, corner rounder}

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I <3 the little bouquet of violets dandelions. I miss getting those from my children. Soon, I will get them from my grandsons, I hope. x

    ReplyDelete