Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dishing The Dirt


My Mom has the best dirt, and no, I'm not talking about gossip. I'm talking about garden soil. Her Michigan earth is light and loamy and will heartily grow just about anything.

I, on the other hand, have clay soil that is hard to dig in and even harder to grow in. Each year, I try to amend my garden beds with bags of fresh soil and compost. It's great soil for holding on to weeds and nettles, but not so great for planting your annuals and perennials.

I took some photos in Mom's garden this month.







Would you look at that? Mom can even grow moss on the tops of her fence posts...no dirt necessary!

I may not be able to grow lovely spring flowers, but I did grow a bumper crop of bunnies this month!


Sigh! Maybe I should stick to paper gardens this year!


I'm so excited! Papertrey Ink is releasing companion sets to their Garden Variety stamps. I love the vintage look of this set! I paired it with the Lily of the Valley image from the Year of Flowers Collection.


I chose a Groovy Guava/Sage Shadow/Crumb Cake color combination, pairing the inks and card stock with some papers from My Mind's Eye (I can't seem to leave those papers alone!).

It is a rainy day today, which we are thankful for, as we are trying to grow grass in the bare spots of our yard this month. But watching the rain fall is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

Time to brew a cuppa and read a good book. Blessings on your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card...

    Your comment about having a paper garden made me laugh! Definitely too many bunnies for a successful veggie garden!

    ReplyDelete