Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Every Day is Earth Day


Happy Monday! Wait. It isn't Monday? Sorry, I guess my busy Monday got away from me! I made this clean and simple card yesterday and never got a chance to post it. I thought this would be a fun and easy card to make using the PTI stamp set "Tiny Treats: Valentines". Yep, a Valentines stamp in April.I chose some papers from Cosmo Cricket (Earth Love and Nutmeg) to make a little wooded scene for my wise owl.


We spent our Sunday afternoon (yes, earth day) enjoying our little patch of earth in the back woods. I decided to bring my camera and capture some photos of our woods in the spring. I'll share a few here.










Isn't it beautiful?

Turn around. Now you have to hike up the steep hill to get back up to the house...without stairs to help you. That's a cardio workout!


My husband loves to spend time in the woods. He's clearing out lots of thorny vines to make it a little more hospitable for boys and dogs. We're hoping to make a more permanent fire pit this summer, and eventually, a staircase to make the descent a little safer. For now, it's just a fun place to find snakes, gather sticks, and find poison ivy. In other words, a boy paradise.

Happy Monday, a little belatedly!

1 comment:

  1. My Monday was like that too...are we sisters or what?! Such pretty pics...love the fire pit idea! You've got me wanting to come for a "camp out" soon...love and kisses for Sam.

    ReplyDelete