Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Take Ten Tuesday 3: Cherries



As the temperatures cooled last evening, my husband and I sat out on the front porch with a glass of wine, watching the robins pick cherries from our tree. I would try to harvest these sour cherries myself, but the birds love them so much. It's fun to watch the robins with bright red cherries in their beaks. Yes, I know, I'm a cheap date and easily entertained. :)


I made a fast card today using the PTI set "Modern Wood Mats". This set is a must for quick and easy stamping!

{recipe: PTI Modern Wood Mats, PTI Rustic white card stock, soft suede ink (SU), riding hood red ink (SU), old olive ink (SU), chipboard and paper from Crate Paper Farmhouse collection}


I like Crate Paper's chipboard accents. When paired with coordinating papers, they make a fast and easy card.


Sadly, we woke up to this...a large limb from our pear tree, felled from an early morning thunderstorm. Luckily, the tree itself is still standing, and the fallen limb didn't damage anything on its way down.


Sam thought of a new way to climb in his favorite climbing tree. As far  as I can see, this limb did not house any nests, so I'm thankful. Looks like we'll be busy today! It's a good thing my husband is home on vacation this week. Time to play lumberjack!

No comments:

Post a Comment