Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Take Ten Tuesday


Good morning, friends!

I'm featuring something new on my blog today called Take Ten Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, I'm going to showcase a card or project that can be made in ten minutes or less. After all, the nice weather is beckoning us outdoors. Who wants to be stuck indoors for hours when the garden needs tending?

Today's card uses stamps from Anna Griffin for a farm fresh card. No sentiment. That way, I can add a sentiment that seems appropriate when I'm ready to mail it. Right now, anything farm related is super trendy. And sunbursts? They're everywhere!

I spent a great weekend with my Mom for Mother's Day. We had so much fun, and it went way too fast!

On Saturday, we visited the Erie Street Market in downtown Toledo, with Mom, my sister Jenny, and my oldest and youngest along for the ride. It was a great day to eat kettle corn, sample salsa, and find a good loaf of cinnamon bread while drinking freshly brewed coffee and eating homemade truffles. Yum!


I found this lovely herb planter, and knew I had to buy it for my step mom-in-law, Shirley Ann!



I also picked up a few things for myself. Local honey sold in a cute little package with a tea bag, some beeswax tealight candles, and a bee balm.

Our local farmer's market opens this Saturday. I'm hoping that the strawberries will come in soon, as I plan on making some strawberry rhubarb freezer jam with the rhubarb freshly picked from my garden. I'm going to be making a lot more things by hand this summer...more baking, canning, crafting and stitching. I'll share everything that works, and everything that didn't.

 A homemade, hand crafted summer. Sounds like fun!




1 comment:

  1. I hope you will share your jam recipe. I have never made jam and would like to try one day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete