Monday, June 4, 2012

The Essentials of Summer


Flip Flops...the essentials of easy, breezy summertime dressing. I just got these new flip flops from one of my all-time favorite clothing stores, Hanna Andersson. I loved the style so much that I copied it for today's card!

It is Make-It Monday at Papertrey Ink, and today's sketches were inspired by photos of other products.


I used this sketch and combined it with the color palette of my new flip flops for today's card!


{Today's Brew: PTI card stock, PTI dies, PTI Think Big Favorites #12, Pacific Point ink (SU), DMC floss for buttons}

This color palette is a stretch for me. I'm not a person that gravitates to blues. Yellow, yes. Green, for sure. But blues...not so much. I like blue, but I'm way pickier about shades of blue. These colors are really summery...crisp navy paired with a fresh green and a little white to make it oh so preppy.


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! :)
    Lauren
    laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on the sketch...and I love your flip flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...that explains why you were so very frugal this weekend...you went catalogue shopping instead! Love ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flip flop colours work really well. Gr8 card

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Flip flops year round here, may have to check out this store ;0) Nice card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flip flops and cards are both so cute! Love the colors and clean look of the card. - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love navy, lime and white!! What a great color combo - definitely crisp and summery. Love your take on the flip flops in the card and how it worked with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete