Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Library Love


Who doesn't go crazy for a great library?

Sam and I made one of our weekly trips, and I remembered to take some photos.

When we'd move to this area over four years ago, one of my criteria for a new town was that it had to have a great library. I'd been living in one of the richest counties in the U.S. that had one of the puniest libraries I'd ever seen. So, a fantastic library was a must!



This library checked off all of my must have boxes. It's fabulous! Three stories! A teen room filled with comfy chairs, comics, magazines and the hottest young adult novels.



A kid's room with an ocean theme...two aquariums, an island with a giant palm tree shading a pirate's chest, seats for kids and parents, too, and an amazing selection of titles!

My library also has a genealogy room, a used book store, and a great seating area near the magazines and newspapers where you can enjoy a coffee and browse a while.

And did I mention all of the books, DVD's, and CD's?


I picked this book up on our last visit, and I'm really enjoying it. Debbie Macomber talks about the power of words, especially when it relates to our faith walk. For many years, she's been meditating on one word every year, and keeping a prayer journal about that word. What a great idea! God often gives me a word to ponder. One year, the word was sovereign. Another year, it was mercy. This year? Well, the word redeemed has been popping up often in my readings. I may have to plant myself in this word for a while.

Have you found one perfect word this year?

6 comments:

  1. interestingly enough my word has been trust... combined with the word purpose. I have some uncertainty in some medical things going on and knowing my family history in these particular matters has me a bit on edge/anxious (I have an appt scheduled in early July) and recently the word trust has been pounded into my head and my heart lately- couldn't figure out why- now I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great word and much needed reminder, Tami! I'll pray that all goes well for you!

      Delete
  2. My word for the year is Boundless. Maybe that's why I am going on the mission trip with the youth from our church. It seems fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good word! Reminds me of Ephesians 3:18:
      "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ."

      Delete
  3. Indeed, my weekly trips to the library are a treat like none other :) My usual haul is 30 books! I'm an avid/speed reader so I go through them like napkins, lol.

    My word of the year is Grace :) I have a whole blog post on it, in fact :) God has given me many gifts, but the one I can give back is to be graceful. http://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.com/2012/01/crafters-of-faith-new-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, loved your post! I could use a whole lot of "graceful". I love the verse from David Crowder band's song "How He Loves": If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

      Delete