Friday, July 6, 2012

Here, There and Everywhere!

 From Indiana to Michigan, From Michigan to Indiana. From Indiana to Chicago. Whew! It's been a whirlwind of travel and laundry!

We took Sam to see all the important sights... Legoland!


...The Field Museum to meet a T Rex dinosaur named Sue!


...and of course, a trip to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower!




 We had a great trip! Sam now has a few more things to add to his "What I did this summer" essay when he goes back to school next month.

Oh, and did I mention...I'm going on a business trip with my husband to New York City next weekend. Yep. This homebody is definitely stepping out of her comfort zone this summer. It's been one wild ride!



I found a little time to play between loads of laundry! Today's SCS challenge was to make a card that features something made of wood. I decided to take strips of paper from My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally, cut the tops to create a picket, and taped them in place to make a fence.

{Today's Brew: My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally stamps(Memory Works), MME Dilly Dally Papers (Memory Works), PTI soft stone card stock, baker's twine, seam binding, brad}

Thanks for taking the time to stop by the cafe this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have had a blast this summer....have even more fun this weekend with the dh! i adore this card, such a cute idea with that paper, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great ideal for the "wood card" I love it, your trip to michigan and chicago look like you had a ton of fun, sometime will have to meet up with you when you come back we live in Michigan but have family in chicago too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete