Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hydration


How do you feel about plastics these days?

I am really trying to phase plastics out of my kitchen. I sold all of my Tupperware in a garage sale last spring, replacing all of it with Pyrex glass food storage containers. I'm no longer cooking in the microwave with plastic containers, either. I also prefer a glass of water over a plastic bottle of water whenever possible.

Plastic has some wonderful uses. But I just don't think we should be using it with food. Test results have been inconclusive regarding plastics/BPA (Bisphenol A) and cancer links. But there's no doubt that BPA is now in the bloodstream of most Americans, something that was not the case just fifty years ago.

I've been on the hunt for a nice glass pitcher this summer. I finally found one today at Target! It's made by Anchor Hocking, sells for just 5.99, and has a nice removable rubber stopper.


It also has a handy inset for holding, and it holds 2 quarts. That is exactly eight one cup glasses of water.

I am using this pitcher as my visual reminder to drink more water during the day. I added a lemon for a little extra flavor. I'm hoping my family will remember to drink more water, too.

It's been a long, hot summer. Stay hydrated, friends!

2 comments: