Friday, July 13, 2012

Stitching and Stamping with Strawberries


Happy Friday, cafe friends! I thought I'd show you a little something I've been stitching up this week. This sweet little Lizzie Kate sampler is called Summer Basket. Sunflowers, strawberries, and gingham? Yep, that's summer!


It's been a great stress reliever for me as I try to stay calm about my trip to New York City tomorrow. My husband and I are taking a little weekend getaway to do some sight seeing, which he doesn't normally get the chance to do on business trips. We have tickets for a Broadway show (going to see the musical Once), we'll be visiting Times Square and the big Macy's flagship store at Harold Square, and we hope to make it to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Should be fun! But then when it's all done, I'll be flying home alone out of La Guardia airport while my husband stays behind for work. Okay, that part does not sound like fun.

Stitch, stitch, stitch! Stay calm!

I'm trying to get the house in order for the boys before we leave. Today I've dusted and vacuumed five bedrooms, washed sheets and made beds for four bedrooms, cleaned two disgusting bathrooms, and washed countless loads of laundry. Things should be calm again some time next Tuesday. :)

Will you say a prayer for travelling mercies this weekend? Thank you!


Here's a little card inspired by my cross stitch sampler. I used papers and chipboard from Crate Paper's Pretty Party collection (available at Memory Works).

{today's brew: PTI Friendship Jar summer stamp sentiment, PTI Label Basics stamp and die, Crate Paper Pretty Party papers and chipboard, PTI white card stock, PTI button and button twine, Distress Inks, scallop edge punch}


Have a berry sweet weekend, friends!

4 comments:

  1. HI Maryrose, sounds like a wonderful time in NY for you and the Hubby, hope you have loads of fun and I'll be praying for you. love your card and cross stitch.
    Hugs
    lizD
    COF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have super great time in NY! Sounds like you could use a break! Your card and sampler are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitch is lovely. I use to do alot of it myself, but found stamping to be quicker gradification. And easier on my eyes that were becoming weaker and weaker! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet!! I haven't done my needlepoint in years! Gorgeous set you've made! Have fun in NYC, or if I missed it since I just got back, welcome home! x0x0

    ReplyDelete