Saturday, August 4, 2012

Playing with my new friend, Tim


My new friend, Tim Holtz! I was very slow to jump on the Tim Holtz bandwagon. Did I really need new inks and stains? Yes, yes I did! I recently purchased some Tim products like his Distress Inks and Stains, and finally broke them out and played with them this morning. What fun!  I pulled out my Ranger non-stick craft sheet, and laid a piece of Adirondack gloss finish paper on top. Then  I used the stains, swiping, blending, spritzing with water. Finally, when I had it just right, I heat set it.


Next, I used Ranger's Archival Ink to stamp the flowers and sentiment from Unity Stamp Company. I'm all about black-eyed Susans this week, so that was the flower of choice. After stamping, I heat set again. Then, when everything was dry, I trimmed and mounted onto card stock, and voila!


I LOVE the finished product! It looks like an autumnal sunset, complete with dappled clouds. What a happy accident! Super simple, with stunning results.

{Today's Brew: stamps from Unity Stamp Company, Adirondack gloss paper, card stock from PTI, black Arhcival ink, Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord}

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love playing with Tim Holtz products, you can be so creative with them. The flowers are lovely, but the scripture verse is fabulous, we have very little of that in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Now if you add on some Copics, you'll be all set! LOL! I love TH products, they are so versatile and let us really get into the roots of playing :) Beautiful - have a blessed SONday!

    ReplyDelete