Sunday, October 28, 2012

The new system

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. I had a great time playing in my new craft studio this weekend! My little guy, Sam, joined me to do some crafting, too. He makes some of the sweetest cards.

I thought I'd post a few photos of the new space.


Remember, I didn't say it was perfect. I just said that it works perfectly for me!
 

My rusty vintage stool that was a garage sale find.
 

My work surface with important things handy...inkpads, markers and pencils, paper cutter and scissors, cleaners and adhesive. Still need to hang my inspiration boards. Plenty of room for some vertical wall storage later.


On my left...PTI stamps, papers and accessories.


Cubbies for the little things.


Ribbon and paper storage, with a few Longaberger baskets thrown in.


On my right...my beloved Big Kick, punches, papers and more.


A basket for my dies and a drawer full of Tim Holtz Distress Stains and Mists.


Buttons and boxes for storage. You may have noticed that I kept things fairly symmetrical on the left and right. This makes my husband, Mr. Monk, very happy. My craft space does reside in the back half of his man cave, after all.


Proof that I still have a few wood mounted stamps hanging around!


My SMASH book and supplies. After unearthing these during the move to the basement, I spent the weekend filling up some pages in my SMASH faith journal. It was a lot of fun to make something just for me.

Now, in the spirit of keeping it real, I thought I'd show you a better shot of the back half of the basement.  Yes, that's a foosball table and a train table that's been converted to a LEGO table. But look at those windows and the natural light!


There it is. Not Pinterest worthy, and not appearing in upcoming issues of Where Women Create magazine. But it makes me so happy that a.) it all fits perfectly, and b.) I used what I had to create the new space and c.) it has jump started my creativity again.

Thanks for touring my new craft room today!

5 comments:

  1. Well 3 cheers for your gorgeous new space and area for Maryrose thoughts n creations!! Its wonderful! I think you have the right idea where it doesn't have to be Better Homes & Gardens but better for YOU! Looks like you have all the right items for getting crafty ... Just one question ... Do you host playdates for moms?!! ;)

    Love the fussball table ... Grew up with those in Europe and they are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! And yes, the craft room is open for play dates. When are you coming?

      Delete
  2. Goodness, you have a lot of stuff! Great work area and I love all your storage. Who cares what anyone else thinks? My work area isn't great and has to double up as a dining room, but it works for me and I love creating in there. You have loads more natural light than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have seen how much stuff I used to have! Those two tall towers were FILLED with wood mounted stamp sets (over 300), and I had more paper and accessories and wheels and ink than you could shake a stick at. Comes with the territory when you're a former SU demo. Twelve years in the craft now, and finally feeling like my stuff level is manageable!

      Delete
  3. OH! Your space turned out great. I think much better than you give credit for. The sunny windows and the yummy wall color will be perfect for your creativity. SMASH on!

    ReplyDelete