Thursday, December 20, 2012

When Life Gives You Scraps...


...make paper buttons!

Seriously, it's the easiest thing in the world! Take a circle punch (I used 3/4 inch) and punch out circles from the many scraps that are covering your work surface. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a craft room that looks like a disaster zone right now!) Then use a hand held hole punch to punch two holes. I suppose you could even make a four hole button, but it's the holidays, and we're too busy for that much fanciness, for pete's sake! Then string them with baker's twine, knot it, and you have custom made holiday buttons, ready for craftiness.


I used my buttons to embellish some Christmas gift tags I'm working on right now. The presents are wrapped, but they're not labelled yet, so these tags will really come in handy.


I hope your "noel" is "tres joyeux aujourd hui"!

That's fancy talk for "be extra happy Christmas today".

Now enough fanciness. I'm off to grab a coffee to go for some last minute shopping.

{Today's Brew: PTI 2009 Holiday Tags stamp set, PTI dies, PTI card stock, Simple Stories Handmade Holiday papers, baker's twine, circle punch, hole punch}

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea. Your homemade buttons are adorable. I have to add that to 'the list' of things to CASE!

    ReplyDelete