Friday, March 15, 2013

Go Boldly!


Okay, we admit it. We're a geeky family. We let our geek flag fly boldly! We happen to love sci-fi movies, science-based television programs, and all things that put us squarely on the nerd spectrum. (Did I mention we  celebrate Pi Day?)

Today, it's my oldest son, Luke's birthday! Luke, who just posted on Facebook this morning that we should all be celebrating St. Patrick Stewart's Day instead of boring old St. Paddy's Day. Yes, Patrick Stewart, as in Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise.

I know he'll appreciate this card!

I made the "planet" by cutting a circle and dabbing it with Tim Holtz Distress stains to give it a "cratered" look.

{Today's Brew: stamps from Paper Smooches, PTI card stock, October Afternoon paper, pin from My Mind's Eye, Tim Holtz Distress Stain, sizzix circle die}


2 comments:

  1. oh man...I forgot to send Luke, Steve and Ethan a text...I hope their day was a special one regardless! Still time to call Patrick's though...phew! You do know I have a wee bit of a crush on that sexy man...right? And no, folks...I'm NOT kidding. I know Mary will get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such fun! This is truly a card for all ages, young and young at heart :) my brother is an uber Trekkie, so I hear you :)

    ReplyDelete