Friday, April 26, 2013

Disconnected

Sorry for the long blog absences. Life has been chaotic, to say the least.

We've sold our home, still haven't found a new home in Pittsburgh, and that means we'll be homeless in thirty-four days. But hey, who's counting?

I guess I'm just feeling emotionally drained and disconnected. This is normally the time of year when I get excited about the spring weather and upcoming gardening season. But I can't garden in a yard that I'll be leaving in just one month. Normally, I'd be excited about making plans for future gardens, but at this point, I do not even have a plot of land to call home.

Add to this the fact that my husband is living in Pittsburgh, I'm still here in Indiana, and we're constantly online viewing homes or traveling six hours away to see them in person, and you can imagine how tired I am.

Did I forget to mention that my oldest son graduates from college next Saturday?

The creative spark has been extinguished.


Today, I am taking the time to do something a little crafty because it's Friday, and because I can stitch while watching shows like House Hunters, where other people are finding their perfect houses without getting into ridiculous bidding wars with six interested parties.


This stitching kit comes with a wooden fob that's been perforated, perfect for a sweet little cross-stitched rose.

Who knows? Maybe one day, I'll even have a house key to add to this key chain.

A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment