Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Pittsburgh Yellow


Hello, friends! Sorry for the long absence! I've been spending most of my days concentrating on all things real estate-related, splitting my time between selling my house here in Indiana and finding a house in Pittsburgh. (more on that subject at This End Up-------> )

With each trip to Pittsburgh, I find myself becoming a little more acclimated to the city. One of my favorite features of the town are all of the yellow bridges. Yellow just makes me happy. It's hard to feel depressed when you see a little bit of sunshine yellow on the city's horizon.


After a few weekends of exhaustive house hunting, we came across a house that just made me feel at home. It's an older home with lots of funky features (hello, pink toilet!). One of my favorite rooms of the house was the big laundry/mudroom with yellow gingham wallpaper. That room would surely be a happy place on wash day!

This card was inspired by that funky house...the striped wallpaper in the foyer, the floral wallpaper in the bathroom, and that happy yellow gingham paper in the laundry room.

{Today's Brew: Folk Art Florals stamp set (wplus9), My Mind's Eye papers, PTI Soft Stone and creamy naturals card stock, wplus9 tag die, SU seam binding, SU crushed curry and sage shadow inks}


Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card! I'm wishing you all the best in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card Mary Rose and am glad your searching is looking up...♥

    ReplyDelete