Friday, July 12, 2013

PS Sparks Challenge: Designer Drafts


Happy Friday, friends!

I've been cleaning and sorting and unpacking in my craft studio space this week.

Honestly, it's been sucking the creativity right out of me!

Today, I forced myself to take a break and do a little stamping. 

I stared at stamps and paper for a while, and they stared right back at me.

I know! I'll try my hand at this week's Designer Drafts challenge at the Paper Smooches blog!


I stared at the sketch, I stared at stamps, I stared at paper. I made myself a cup of tea. And finally, after what seemed like a l-o-n-g time, I came up with something.


{Today's Brew: Metropolis stamp set (Paper Smooches), PTI card stock, Cosmo Cricket papers (The Boyfriend), versafine onyx ink, Distress markers, circle punch, baker's twine, DYMO label maker}

That's an awfully easy clean and simple card when you consider the amount of time it took me to put it together!

Some days creativity comes easier than others.

7 comments:

  1. Mary Rose, if this is the card you create when you're feeling like the creativity has been sucked out of you, I'd LOVE to see what you create when you're feeling creative... because... oh my goodness! I think this card is FABULOUS!!! Very fun and colorful, and.... yep... wait for it................. VERY CREATIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your creativity made quite an entrance when it did show up! This is dang cute! Love that paper and it's great with that skyline image. Cute font for the sentiment too! DYMO label makers, I remember those!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Love that skyline stamped on the grey grid paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow do I love this card...you are so talented and inspiring...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! What a fun design with these stamps and sketch-- they are a perfect match! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS team!!! Hope you will play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:) I apologize for not leaving a comment sooner-- time flies!

    ReplyDelete