Monday, September 30, 2013

Crafters of Faith Sept.Blog Hop!

On the last day of every month, the ladies at my blog group take turns hosting a challenge. It's a chance for all of us at Crafters of Faith to grow a little in our creativity. This month, Kelly gave us a pretty easy challenge!

Anything Goes!

I like that challenge!





This weekend, I was inspired by the changes that autumn brings. We took a meandering drive to see Fallingwater, the home that Frank Lloyd Wright designed for the Kaufman family. The mountain views were amazing, as the trees are just starting to change into their fancy fall colors.




I decided to make my own fancy leaves. I started with watercolor paper, distress stains, and Mister Huey mist.


When it was dry, I used the paper to diecut some leaves.
I paired it with this verse from Ecclesiastes to reflect the changing season. This verse has had a new meaning for me this month. Not only does it reflect the shift from summer to fall, but it speaks to me of the seasons in our lives that come and go. I feel as if I am entering a new season, with a new purpose. The shift has been subtle, but I can feel the change that this new time in life is bringing. It is precious and golden and filled with promise.

Thank you, God, for this changing season!

{Today's Brew: Stamp from Papertrey Ink, kraft card stock from PTI, card stock and ink from SU, papers/dies/sequins/twine from Lawn Fawn}

Don't forget to visit the other Crafters of Faith bloggers listed on the right. We love your comments!




7 comments:

  1. Your card is just stunning! I love it that you made your own colorful flowers--they are the perfect touch to the awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maryrose, this is just splendid! I like your trip around your week, what a fun look into your world, especially with all the beautiful new hues! This is truly a glorious season upon us, and your card reflects it beautifully with the changing leaves, ones you made - wow! Just super lovely and a big 'ol AMEN from me!

    Blessings, COF sistah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maryrose, this is just splendid! I like your trip around your week, what a fun look into your world, especially with all the beautiful new hues! This is truly a glorious season upon us, and your card reflects it beautifully with the changing leaves, ones you made - wow! Just super lovely and a big 'ol AMEN from me!

    Blessings, COF sistah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Mary Rose your leaves are stunning! I am in awe of your talent/creativity! And what a beautiful card, too! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card! I so love the layout and font of the stamp you chose to work with. The colors....perfect. Your creative leaves rock the card to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Rose, I just love how you made the special paper for your leaves, quite striking! The whole card has come together so nicely too. God is speaking to me through your choice of verse. It's time for change in my life as well. It's a blessing to be reminded that it can be for the best.

    You're a blessing to us in COF. Thank you for that!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Mary Rose - I absolutely love your beautiful leaves. Great design and a favorite verse!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete