Sunday, September 8, 2013

He Cares

The day we moved into our new home here in Pittsburgh, a truck from the real estate company came by to take the For Sale sign out of our yard...and put it in the yard next door. Yep. We had no sooner moved in when our next door neighbors were moving out.

It seemed like a good time to start putting in my prayer request to God.

"God, could you please send some really wonderful new neighbors? And if it's not too much trouble, could you send a family with a boy about Sam's age?"

We would take walks in our neighborhood in the evening, and every time I passed the house next door I offered up this prayer.

Guess what?

We have wonderful new neighbors who have two sons. The oldest is named Colin, and as you may have guessed, he's Sam's age! Not only does he go to Sam's school, but he also likes all of the silly things that Sam likes...Minecraft, LEGOs, goofing off outside. Boy stuff.

Sam and Colin have become fast friends, playing together after school, and running back and forth between houses on the weekends. What a blessing!

Thank you, God, for caring about our little family!


The neighbors officially moved in last weekend, so this weekend I made chocolate chip cookie bars and cinnamon sugar cookies, along with this little welcome card.


I used my new stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn for a fun card that says "Welcome to the neighborhood!"

It's been a wonderful reminder to me that my Father cares about the big things and the little things in my life. I need to remember to come to Him more often, more deliberately, more consistently. He really does fill my every need.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. Your neighbors are lucky people to have you next door.

    ReplyDelete