Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 Days: Curb Appeal

Curb appeal is so important when selling your house. If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, now is the time to tackle all of those "deferred maintenance" projects. Trim the shrubs and trees, get the yard looking nice, plant some flowers, tackle a painting project. Simple steps to make your house appealing on the outside.

Curb appeal is also important when you just want the house you love to look warm and welcoming.

When we first moved into the house, the front looked a lot like this. A tree that was so overgrown it looked like a giant bush, and a front door that was barely visible from the street.


We got to work right away, pruning up that tree, along with the dead bottom branches of a huge evergreen out front.

Wait. What's that I see peeking through the tree?

Yes! Double hung front doors! The doors used to be the same shade of yellow as the shutters, making them blend in rather than stand out.

They stand out now! I just love how this vibrant shade (Valspar LaFonda teal) transformed
this colonial into the twenty-first century!

Not only does the color work well on the outside, but when the doors are opened the color also complements the wallpaper in the foyer. Win win!

A little pruning, some seasonal flowers, and a few coats of paint were all it took to give this house some much needed curb appeal.

Hmmm, I wonder what inspired me to make this card today?

I received this special package in the mail yesterday! Six new stamp sets from WPlus9's Holiday Collection! But wait! There's more!

Seven new die sets as well!

Last week, I was notified that I was the supremely blessed (that's so much nicer than merely lucky) winner of the entire new release at WPlus9. You heard me right. I won the entire collection! woo hoo! As the sneak peeks appeared on the website, they were all so lovely that I couldn't help but think "Who can choose? I love them all!"

Today, I chose to use the Woodland Wreaths stamp set to make this autumnal card. That's one of the things that makes this set so versatile...wreaths for all seasons!

{Today's Brew: Stamps and Dies from WPlus9, houdstooth embossing folder (SU), PTI kraft and cream card stock, SU card stock and inks}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! I love reading each and every comment. They mean so much to me!

And thank you, WPlus9, for the generous prize packaged. I feel so blessed!







1 comment:

  1. Last week when I went to the Wplus9 website to see if I was a winner for anything I saw you had won the whole set so a big congrats on the win!!! The front of your house looks beautiful and your card is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete