Monday, October 21, 2013

31 Days: Simple Gratitude for Church

We've been attending a church in our new Pittsburgh home for about two months now. It is a nice church, and it is a BIG church, but it is not my church. I know this, and I am at peace with it. This church has been nice for a season, but I can feel God calling me in another direction.

I've been attending a Bible study with other women in this church, and it has been great fellowshipping with these ladies. Our leader, Gerry, is a seasoned southern woman of faith, but she confessed that this was her first time leading a small group. She was a parochial school teacher for more than thirty years, so you can bet that she keeps us in line and on task! LOL!

Two weeks ago, we had a great class with a lot of discussion. When it was over, I approached Gerry and said "You are doing such a great job leading us in this class. Thank you so much! It has been a real blessing to me every week."

Tears welled up in Gerry's eyes, and she hugged me and thanked me for the encouragement.

It was a simple thing to express gratitude, and I could tell that it meant a lot to her.

This week, as we walked in to worship, who should be our greeter that morning at this huge church but Gerry! We hugged (because we're on a hugging basis now) and greeted each other by name.

Connected in Christ. It's a beautiful thing.

It reminded me that a simple expression of thankfulness can have a big impact.

{Today's Brew: stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn, papers from WRMK, sage shadow card stock (SU), sequins and twine (Lawn Fawn}



2 comments:

  1. I like how you created a great scene with your die cuts. I also like that you and Gerry are on a hugging basis now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryrose! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would answer a question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete