Friday, October 18, 2013

31 Days: The Year of Living Fearlessly

You've probably heard this one before.

Ask God to teach you patience, and He will give you plenty of opportunities to learn how to be patient.

When New Year's Day 2013 came, I decided that this would be the year that I would meditate on two words.

Fear Not.

And wouldn't you know, 2013 would be the year that could send any sane woman running in terror.

A corporate relocation.

Selling a house.

Buying a house.

Planning one son's college graduation.

Sending another son to college eight hours away.

Sending my youngest son to a new school to meet new teachers and new friends.

Saying goodbye to a much loved church.

Trying to find a new church.

Making new friends.

Fearful stuff.

And yet, God kept whispering in my ear "Fear not."

I would open my Bible, and invariably, I would find one of many passages with these words.

Fear not.

I was doing my Bible study homework this week, and there were those words. Fear not!

It has been an amazing year of living fearlessly. New friends, new experiences, new blessings.

And what happens when you live without fear? It makes a lot of room for God's peace, joy, and love.

{Today's Brew: stamps from wplus9 design, inks from SU, soft stone cardstock from Papertrey Ink, sequins from Lawn Fawn, circle punches}

Blessings, cafe friends!



1 comment:

  1. From God's wisdom, to your blog, to my eyes. He works in wondrous ways! 2013 is turning into a bit of a fearsome year for me as well. I need to remember to ask friends for help, and that He is always with me. Thank you and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete